You are not logged in and only seeing 7 days of articles. Please sign up or login to view more
Wednesday 09 June 2021

*NEW RESEARCH* Digital Marketplace Review 2020-21

Digital Marketplace ImageTechMarketView’s Digital Marketplace Review 2020-21 research reveals spend through the two Crown Commercial Service (CCS) frameworks: G-Cloud and Digital Outcomes & Specialists (DOS) was up 29% to £3.2bn, with G-Cloud accounting for 72% and DOS the remaining 28%. Spend on G-Cloud was up 40% year-on-year to £2.4bn, but the performance of the DOS framework was more subdued—up 8% to £895m.

The impact of the pandemic on spending is clear to see, with Health spend across both frameworks up 97% year-on-year to £542.7m (2019-20: £275.9m). The largest increases in spend were seen at NHS Digital and the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC). This performance was driven by G-Cloud spend, where Health spending was up by 135% to £427.2m.

The rate of growth in spend with SMEs outpaced that of large companies, but large companies still attracted the majority of spend, accounting for 64% by value. Three companies (Kainos, Capgemini and Deloitte) broke the £100m barrier for Digital Marketplace income during the year.

It’s hard to overestimate the impact the pandemic had on the procurement of digital services and solutions in the public sector. In this report we take a closer look at the associated trends and explore who the leading suppliers and buyers were in the Digital Marketplace in 2020-21.

If you are an existing PublicSectorViews subscriber, you can access further analysis and charts now. If you’d like to discuss an extension to your existing subscription or would like details of how to subscribe to TechMarketView, please email Deb Seth.

Posted by: Dale Peters at 08:53

Tags: research   g-cloud   dos   digital+marketplace  

Twitter   Facebook   LinkedIn   Email article link

« Back to previous page

© TechMarketView LLP 2007-2024: Unauthorised reproduction prohibited see full Terms and Conditions.