Thursday 14 October 2021

*NEW RESEARCH* Digital Marketplace Review H1 2021-22

DM Review CoverTechMarketView’s Digital Marketplace Review H1 2021-22 research reveals spend through the three Crown Commercial Service (CCS) frameworks: G-Cloud, Digital Outcomes & Specialists (DOS) and, most recently, Digital Capability for Health (DCFH) was up 28% to £1.7bn. G-Cloud accounted for 73% of spend during the six months (April-September) covering H1 of the UK Government year 2021-22, with DOS covering the remaining 27%—spend via DCFH represented less than 1% of spend during the period.

Spend on G-Cloud was up 34% to £1.2bn driven by pandemic related Health spend and increased digital investment in Defence and Central Government. The challenges of bringing in teams and specialists during the pandemic suppressed the DOS market in H1 2020-21; however, by H2, suppliers and their clients were adapting to hybrid working and spend picked-up. In H1 2021-22 spend continued to recover in some key subsectors, ending the six-month period up 15% to £469m. There were wide variations in DOS spending between the public sector subsectors, ranging from 68% year-on-year growth to 74% decline.  

The rate of growth in spend with SMEs during the period was broadly consistent with that of large companies, with the former up 29% and the latter up 28%, but large companies still attracted the majority of spend, accounting for 64% by value. 

Three companies (AWS, Kainos and Capgemini) broke the £50m barrier for Digital Marketplace income during the period. Six customers (Home Office, HMRC, Department of Health and Social Care, Department for Work and Pensions, NHS Digital, and Ministry of Justice) broke the £80m spend barrier—their combined spend represented nearly 40% of total spend for the period.

If you are an existing PublicSectorViews subscriber, you can access further analysis and charts now. If you’d like to discuss an extension to your existing subscription or would like details of how to subscribe to TechMarketView, please email Deb Seth.

Posted by Dale Peters at '08:55' - Tagged: g-cloud   data   dos   digital+marketplace   dcfh  

« Back to previous page